“I loved you with a fire red, now it’s turning blue” One Republic
I heard these lyrics today and realized these are super fabulous lyrics, an honest line that signifies how people today just choose to turn their feelings off rather than choose to love and be loved. Life is filled with many disappointments and all too often, we let these negative feelings take over rather than simply saying “these things happen”. This is especially true in regards to relationships. The link between two people will never evolve when you are constantly looking backwards, and focusing on what is not happening versus what is.
So, for those of you out there who keep drawing jokers from your deck please remember the following:
1) You do not need a partner in order to feel validated—only you can do that.
2) Remember your values
3) Remind yourself you ARE worthy.
4) Do not shut off your feelings-you are only hurting yourself.
5) Focus on what is good and decent about those around you.
6) Be empathic towards others.
8) Never hit backspace with your thoughts or feelings
9) Eat a spicy burrito